IES1248-73 Hardened ADSL 2+ Mini IP DSLAM
Better utilization of bandwidth
The IES-1248 is an IP-based DSLAM that terminates all the ATM circuits and converts traffic directly to deliver the most popular broadband IP services. It also provides a distinct advantage over typical ATMbased DSL access system due to the fact that IP is the natural approach for data transmission. It offers better bandwidth utilization, ease of use, as well as the low-cost advantage. With the highly compact and temperature-hardened design, simple installation and easy adaptation to local POTS/ISDN splitter requirements, the IES-1248 can be deployed in indoor and outdoor enclosures.
A robust, capable ADSL2+ solution
With this standalone ADSL2+ IP DSLAM, service providers can offer residential and business users access to high-bandwidth services on demand; such as streaming video, online gaming, multimedia applications and multiple video channels on a single network connection. The IES-1248 also offers medium/small businesses and home offices IP connectivity, VPNs, VLANs, high-quality video conferencing, long-reach Ethernet and legacy service interconnection, as well as asymmetric connectiivity as fast as 24Mbps. The IES-1248 DSL solution for POTS/ISDN is a sophisticated ADSL2+ device wielding full compliance to existing standards, the latest DSL technology, compactness, low power consumption, integration with existing platforms and network managemeability. The combination of a superior line code, modern signal processing techniques and state-of-the-art ASIC design add up to a compact, energy-saving ADSL2+ modem with excellent performance, transparent backward ADSL/ADSL2 compatibility, robust interference resistance and flexible configurability.
- A complete service offering bundling data, voice and video services.
- Residential: broadband Internet access, streaming audio and video, gaming, high quality video distribution, VoD, and telecommuting.
- Medium and small businesses: IP connectivity, VPNs, VLANs, high quality video conferencing, long reach Ethernet or legacy service interconnection, asymmetric to 24 Mbps.
- Low cost reliable transport for backhauling applications, such as mobile base station connectivity over ADSL.
- VoDSL services, legacy services and WAN interconnection, bridging or routing, VPNs, provided through appropriate CPE.
- Cost-effective broadband access for higher margin services such as VoD, gaming, and multimedia applications.
ZyXEL IES1248-73 Hardened ADSL 2+ Mini IP DSLAM, 17.4 x 9.84 x 2.6" (442.7 x 250 x 66 mm), 15.9 lbs (7.2 kg), 90 W, ITU-T K.20, Appendix C, CSA 60950, EN 60950, IEC 60950, UL 60950, FCC part 15 Class A EN 55022, EN 55024 Class A ETS 300 386
ZyXEL IES1248-73 Hardened ADSL 2+ Mini IP DSLAM. Dimensions (WxDxH): 17.4 x 9.84 x 2.6" (442.7 x 250 x 66 mm), Weight: 15.9 lbs (7.2 kg). Power consumption (typical): 90 W. Safety: ITU-T K.20, Appendix C, CSA 60950, EN 60950, IEC 60950, UL 60950, Certification: FCC part 15 Class A EN 55022, EN 55024 Class A ETS 300 386