Continuous Data Protection Appliance CDP 1440i
- Continuous Data Backup. CDP detects new or changed files, even when files are open. When this information is found, CDP immediately and automatically replicates it to dedicated hardware locally. Unlike most traditional backup products, no user intervention or additional software or hardware is required with CDP, and risk of data loss is virtually nonexistent because there are no backup windows.
- Offsite Protection. A clear differentiator for CDP is its "no-touch" offsite backup feature, which uses SSL encryption, advanced compression, and backup of only binary differences. This offsite feature protects data against the risks of fire, theft, misplacement and other issues relating to tape or CD-based backup.
- Instant Recovery and Unlimited Versions. From CDP's simple Web administration page, users have access to point and click data recovery features. The intelligent CDP software saves and time-stamps unlimited versions of each file so they are easy to locate.
- Unlimited PCs. Connect an unlimited number of computers, laptops, and/or servers to CDP for real-time CDP. Selected PCs and files are monitored every minute of the day for new or changed information.
- Intelligent Applications. CDP includes an intelligent Adaptive Backup Engine (ABE) that monitors and recognizes usage patterns within any network. This network throttling feature customizes offsite backup speed and time based on Internet usage patterns and recognizes the best times to replicate data to the offsite location. CDP also integrates a collection of intelligent software applications on top of its ABE. One such application is a robust reporting tool, which provides constant visual data backup verification.
- Installation. Setup takes five minutes for each PC/ Server. CDP is connected to a network through an Ethernet cable. The solution automatically recognizes and configures itself to emulate drives on the network, greatly simplifying installation and configuration. CDP software is installed on each client PC, making a footprint of less than 2 MB.
- Supports Business Applications. CDP provides seamless support of databases and applications without the need to integrate additional or 3rd party software modules. Database support includes Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, Small Business Server, Sharepoint Sever, MYSQL, DBASE, and Microsoft Access. Business application support includes ACT!, Goldmine, Outlook, Outlook Express, Peachtree, QuickBooks, as well as most industry specific applications.
- Archiving. CDP provides offsite archiving for businesses that need to store snapshots of their offsite data for extended periods of time to meet industry and government compliance regulations. The archiving framework provides multiple archive offerings based on a backup interval (monthly or quarterly) and a backup horizon (1 year or 5 years) and adheres to strict security requirements to ensure that the archived data is not compromised.
- Core Compression Technology. CDP has enhanced compression technology that achieves from 2:1 to 5:1 compression, depending on data type. This allows users to utilize their disk space very efficiently.
DELL CDP 1440i, SonicWALL. Storage drive capacity: 160 GB. Power consumption (typical): 60 W. Weight: 10 lbs (4.54 kg). Dimensions (WxDxH): 11.5 x 10.7 x 2.48" (292 x 273 x 63 mm), Power requirements: AC 100 - 240 V, Networking features: 10/100 Base-T Ethernet