location redirect
This is a demo of a seamless insert of an Icecat LIVE product data-sheet in your website. Imagine that this responsive data-sheet is included in the product page of your webshop. How to integrate Icecat LIVE JavaScript.

DELL Inspiron 7720 Intel® Core™ i5 i5-3210M Laptop 17.3" HD+ 6 GB DDR3-SDRAM 750 GB HDD NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M Windows 8 Pro Black, Silver

Brand:
The general trademark of a manufacturer by which the consumer knows its products. A manufacturer can have multiple brand names. Some manufacturers license their brand names to other producers.
DELL Check ‘DELL’ global rank
Product family:
The product family is a generic trademark of a brand to indicate a very wide range of products, that can encompass multiple categories. We include product family in the Icecat product title.
Inspiron
Product name:
Product name is a brand's identification of a product, often a model name, but not totally unique as it can include some product variants. Product name is a key part of the Icecat product title on a product data-sheet.
Article code:
The brand's unique identifier for a product. Multiple product codes can be mapped to one mother product code if the specifications are identical. We map away wrong codes or sometimes logistic variants.
7720-8123
Category:
A laptop, also known as a notebook, is a portable computer. When you are looking for the right laptop, it is important to know where you are going to work with it. Do you want to use it on the road? Choose a model with a special energy-saving 'mobile' processor, a good battery and a reasonably small display. This will allow you to work longer with the same battery and saves you the trouble of carrying around a large display that consumes a lot of precious battery power. Or will you be using you laptop mainly in places where you will have access to a power outlet? Then choose a desktop processor (more processing power for less money) and an ordinary battery. This will save you a lot of money, which you could then spend on a bigger screen. You'll work faster because you can view more information at once and it's great for multimedia!
Laptops Check ‘DELL’ global rank
Icecat Product ID:
The Icecat Product ID is the unique Icecat number identifying a product in Icecat. This number is used to retrieve or push data regarding a product's datasheet. Click the number to copy the link.
Data-sheet quality: created/standardized by Icecat
The quality of the data-sheets can be on several levels:
only logistic data imported: we have only basic data imported from a supplier, a data-sheet is not yet created by an editor.
created by DELL: a data-sheet is imported from an official source from a manufacturer. But the data-sheet is not yet standardized by an Icecat editor.
created/standardized by Icecat: the data-sheet is created or standardized by an Icecat editor.
Product views: 127262
This statistic is based on the 97136 using ecommerce sites (eshops, distributors, comparison sites, ecommerce ASPs, purchase systems, etc) daily downloading this Icecat data-sheet since Only sponsoring brands are included in the free Open Icecat content distribution as used by 94642 free Open Icecat users.
Info modified on: 26 Jan 2022 15:09:10
The date of the most recent change of the data-sheet in Icecat's system
Bullet Points DELL Inspiron 7720 Intel® Core™ i5 i5-3210M Laptop 17.3" HD+ 6 GB DDR3-SDRAM 750 GB HDD NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M Windows 8 Pro Black, Silver
Each of several items in a list, preceded by a bullet symbol for emphasis.
:
  • - Laptop Clamshell Black, Silver
  • - Intel® Core™ i5 i5-3210M 2.5 GHz
  • - 17.3" HD+ 1600 x 900 pixels LED backlight 16:9
  • - 6 GB DDR3-SDRAM 1600 MHz 1 x 2 + 1 x 4 GB
  • - 750 GB HDD DVD±RW
  • - NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M 2 GB Intel® HD Graphics 4000
  • - Ethernet LAN 10,100 Mbit/s Bluetooth 4.0
  • - Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) 90 W
  • - Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
Long product name DELL Inspiron 7720 Intel® Core™ i5 i5-3210M Laptop 17.3" HD+ 6 GB DDR3-SDRAM 750 GB HDD NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M Windows 8 Pro Black, Silver :
The short editorial description of DELL Inspiron 7720 Intel® Core™ i5 i5-3210M Laptop 17.3" HD+ 6 GB DDR3-SDRAM 750 GB HDD NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M Windows 8 Pro Black, Silver

17.3'' HD+ 1600x900 (16:9) LED, Intel Core i5-3210M (3M Cache, up to 3.10 GHz), 6GB DDR3, 750GB HDD, Intel HD Graphics 4000/Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 2GB, DVD±RW, Fast Ethernet, 802.11n, Windows 8 Pro x64
More>>>
DELL Inspiron 7720 Intel® Core™ i5 i5-3210M Laptop 17.3" HD+ 6 GB DDR3-SDRAM 750 GB HDD NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M Windows 8 Pro Black, Silver:
The official marketing text of DELL Inspiron 7720 Intel® Core™ i5 i5-3210M Laptop 17.3" HD+ 6 GB DDR3-SDRAM 750 GB HDD NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M Windows 8 Pro Black, Silver as supplied by the manufacturer

Your ultimate entertainment system
Immerse yourself in expansive entertainment with this powerful 44 cm (17") desktop replacement with an anodized aluminum exterior finish, performance graphics and an optional Full HD with 3D display.

Experience high-performance entertainment
Power your movies, music and games with up to 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ processors, available with Windows 8 Pro, up to 8GB3 of memory and other high-performance options.

Always have a front row seat
Enjoy bold, responsive video playback with Inspiron™ 17R Special Edition’s performance-class 2GB3 NVIDIA® discrete graphics, 43.9 cm (17.3) display.

Hear every detail
You won’t believe your ears. Built-in Skullcandy™ speakers (two speakers and a subwoofer) and Waves MaxxAudio® 4 technology let you experience your music, movies and videochat in a completely new way.

Premium design
With its premium stealth black anodized aluminum exterior and matching palmrest, and a optional backlit keyboard, Inspiron™ 17R Special Edition pairs the premium look you want with the power you demand.

Short summary description DELL Inspiron 7720 Intel® Core™ i5 i5-3210M Laptop 17.3" HD+ 6 GB DDR3-SDRAM 750 GB HDD NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M Windows 8 Pro Black, Silver:
This short summary of the DELL Inspiron 7720 Intel® Core™ i5 i5-3210M Laptop 17.3" HD+ 6 GB DDR3-SDRAM 750 GB HDD NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M Windows 8 Pro Black, Silver data-sheet is auto-generated and uses the product title and the first six key specs.

DELL Inspiron 7720, Intel® Core™ i5, 2.5 GHz, 17.3", 1600 x 900 pixels, 6 GB, 750 GB

Long summary description DELL Inspiron 7720 Intel® Core™ i5 i5-3210M Laptop 17.3" HD+ 6 GB DDR3-SDRAM 750 GB HDD NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M Windows 8 Pro Black, Silver:
This is an auto-generated long summary of DELL Inspiron 7720 Intel® Core™ i5 i5-3210M Laptop 17.3" HD+ 6 GB DDR3-SDRAM 750 GB HDD NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M Windows 8 Pro Black, Silver based on the first three specs of the first five spec groups.

DELL Inspiron 7720. Product type: Laptop, Form factor: Clamshell. Processor family: Intel® Core™ i5, Processor model: i5-3210M, Processor frequency: 2.5 GHz. Display diagonal: 17.3", HD type: HD+, Display resolution: 1600 x 900 pixels. Internal memory: 6 GB, Internal memory type: DDR3-SDRAM. Total storage capacity: 750 GB, Storage media: HDD, Optical drive type: DVD±RW. Operating system installed: Windows 8 Pro. Product color: Black, Silver

Design
Product type *
Laptop
Product color *
Black, Silver
Form factor *
Clamshell
Display
Display diagonal *
17.3"
Display resolution *
1600 x 900 pixels
Touchscreen *
No
HD type
HD+
LED backlight
Yes
Native aspect ratio
16:9
Processor
Processor manufacturer *
Intel
Processor family *
Intel® Core™ i5
Processor generation
3rd gen Intel® Core™ i5
Processor model *
i5-3210M
Processor cores
Processor threads
Processor boost frequency
3.1 GHz
Processor frequency *
2.5 GHz
System bus rate
5 GT/s
Processor cache
3 MB
Processor cache type
Smart Cache
Processor socket
BGA 1023
Processor lithography
22 nm
Processor operating modes
64-bit
Processor series
Intel Core i5-3200 Mobile series
Processor codename
Ivy Bridge
Bus type
DMI
FSB Parity
No
Stepping
L1
Thermal Design Power (TDP)
35 W
Tjunction
105 °C
Maximum number of PCI Express lanes
PCI Express slots version
PCI Express configurations
1x16, 2x8, 1x8+2x4
Number of processors supported
CPU multiplier (bus/core ratio)
ECC supported by processor
No
Memory
Internal memory *
6 GB
Internal memory type
DDR3-SDRAM
Memory clock speed
1600 MHz
Memory layout (slots x size)
1 x 2 + 1 x 4 GB
Memory slots
2x SO-DIMM
Maximum internal memory *
8 GB
Storage
Total storage capacity *
750 GB
Storage media *
HDD
Number of HDDs installed
HDD capacity
750 GB
HDD interface
SATA
HDD speed
5400 RPM
Optical drive type *
DVD±RW
Card reader integrated
Yes
Compatible memory cards
Memory Stick (MS), MMC, MMC+, MS PRO, MSXC, SD, SDHC, SDXC
Graphics
Discrete graphics card model *
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M
Discrete graphics card memory
2 GB
On-board graphics card *
Yes
Discrete graphics card *
Yes
On-board graphics card family
Intel® HD Graphics
On-board graphics card model *
Intel® HD Graphics 4000
On-board graphics card base frequency
650 MHz
On-board graphics card dynamic frequency (max)
1100 MHz
On-board graphics card ID
0x166
Number of discrete graphics cards
Audio
Audio system
HD
Built-in speaker(s)
Yes
Built-in subwoofer
Yes
Built-in microphone
Yes
Camera
Front camera resolution (numeric)
1 MP
Network
Wi-Fi
Yes
Networking features
Fast Ethernet
Wi-Fi standards
Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n)
Ethernet LAN
Yes
Ethernet LAN data rates
10, 100 Mbit/s
Bluetooth
Yes
Bluetooth version
Networking standards
IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u
Ports & interfaces
USB 3.2 Gen 1 (3.1 Gen 1) Type-A ports quantity *
Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports
HDMI ports quantity *
HDMI version
1.4a
DVI port
No
VGA (D-Sub) ports quantity
Headphone outputs
S/PDIF out port
No
Microphone in
Yes
Charging port type
DC-in jack
Ports & interfaces
ExpressCard slot
No
CardBus PCMCIA slot type
No
SmartCard slot
No
Performance
Motherboard chipset
Intel HM77 Express
Keyboard
Pointing device
Touchpad
Numeric keypad *
Yes
Full-size keyboard
Yes
Software
Operating system architecture
64-bit
Operating system installed *
Windows 8 Pro
Processor special features
Intel® Wireless Display (Intel® WiDi)
Yes
Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT)
Yes
Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT)
Yes
Intel® Identity Protection Technology (Intel® IPT)
Yes
Intel® Hyper Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology)
Yes
Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology
Yes
Intel® Clear Video HD Technology (Intel® CVT HD)
Yes
Intel Clear Video Technology
No
Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology
Yes
Intel® Insider™
Yes
Intel® Quick Sync Video Technology
Yes
Intel Flex Memory Access
Yes
Intel® Smart Cache
Yes
Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI)
Yes
Intel Trusted Execution Technology
No
Intel Enhanced Halt State
Yes
Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)
Yes
Intel Demand Based Switching
No
Intel® Secure Key
Yes
Intel® Clear Video Technology for Mobile Internet Devices (Intel CVT for MID)
No
Intel 64
Yes
Execute Disable Bit
Yes
Idle States
Yes
Thermal Monitoring Technologies
Yes
Processor package size
31.0 x 24.0 (BGA1023)
Supported instruction sets
AVX
Processor code
SR0N0
CPU configuration (max)
Embedded options available
No
Graphics & IMC lithography
22 nm
Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)
Yes
Intel Identity Protection Technology version
Intel Secure Key Technology version
Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x)
Yes
Intel Dual Display Capable Technology
Yes
Intel FDI Technology
Yes
Intel Rapid Storage Technology
No
Intel Fast Memory Access
Yes
Processor ARK ID
Conflict-Free processor
Yes
Integrated 4G WiMAX
Yes
Battery
Battery technology
Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)
Number of battery cells
Power
AC adapter power
90 W
Security
Cable lock slot
Yes
Cable lock slot type
Kensington
Weight & dimensions
Width
16.4" (416.8 mm)
Depth
10.9" (276 mm)
Height (front)
1.26" (3.19 cm)
Height (rear)
1.47" (3.74 cm)
Width (imperial)
16.4"
Depth (imperial)
10.87"
Height (front) (imperial)
1.27"
Height (rear) (imperial)
1.47"
Weight *
7.23 lbs (3.28 kg)
Features
Images Type Map
Packaging content
Cables included
AC
Manual
Yes
Quick start guide
Yes
Other features
AC adapter included
Yes
Infrared data port
No
Source Testseek summary Average rating
Reviews
Updated:
2014-06-29 02:15:31
Uk has collected 18 expert reviews for DELL Inspiron 7720 Laptop 43.9 cm (17.3") HD+ Intel® Core™ i5 i5-3210M 6 GB DDR3-SDRAM 750 GB HDD NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M Windows 8 Pro Black, Silver and the average expert rating is 73 of 100. The average score reflects the expert community’s view on this product. Click below and use Uk to see all ratings, product awards and conclusions.
73%
Source Review comments Score
micromart.co.uk
Updated:
As I relayed through Logging Off a few weeks ago, I'm in the market for a laptop, and was therefore rather keen to see what Dell have for a power-user with a tight budget.Like all Dell's latest Inspiron models, the 17R comes in four colours (sliver, blue...
70%
pcadvisor.co.uk
Updated:
We've been so swamped with Windows 8 tablets and Ultrabooks in recent months that it actually makes a nice change to see a good old-fashioned desktop replacement laptop machine arrive for once. See: more laptop reviews . Dell's Inspiron 17R is big an...
70%
goodgearguide.com.au
Updated:
Really big laptops don't get as much love as they used to, but there are still plenty of people who appreciate these beasts, primarily because they have roomy keyboards, big screens and (usually) lots of built-in features. Dell's Inspiron 17R-5721 is s...
Good Decent screen, Comfortable to use, Very good battery life...
Bad Single-band Wi-Fi, Slow storage...
Bottom line Dell's Inspiron 17R is a big unit that's suitable as a desktop replacement-style notebook. It could use better Wi-Fi and faster storage, but, overall, you get a solid computer that's good for a wide range of tasks and, most importantly, a computer that...
75%
itproportal.com
Updated:
A laptop meant for business users will usually come with features, design and warranty appropriate to that market. But they also come with an increased price to match. In many cases, a more consumer-oriented model will do just as well, and will almost cer...
Good Very keen price, Good screen for multimedia, Great audio, Discrete Nvidia graphics...
Bad No 3G wireless data option, Mediocre battery life...
Bottom line The Dell Inspiron 17R isn't the notebook to go for if you need a true road warrior machine. It's too large and heavy, with merely mediocre battery life. But if you're after a system for general usage that is particularly good for group audiovisual prese...
90%
pcadvisor.co.uk
Updated:
The Dell Inspiron 17R is a budget desktop replacement laptop, which sounds like it might be an oxymoron. After all, how can a laptop that's meant to replace a desktop be, well, a cheap laptop (listed at £559, to be exact)? Our review model sports an In...
Bottom line Calling the Dell Inspiron 17R a desktop replacement is a little unfair, since it's not really in the league of the performance desktops that dominate the category. The Inspiron 17R is a solid machine if you're looking for a large screen on a budget, bu...
60%
computeractive.co.uk
Updated:
Dell has made a real beast of a laptop. Weighing in at over 3kg and with a 17.3in display the Inspiron 17R is designed as a desktop-replacement model that won't leave the house often, if ever.This laptop has a chunky plastic design. The lid is coated i...
0%
channelpro.co.uk
Updated:
Bulky and short on battery life, but the big screen, top-quality speakers and gaming power make this a laptop not to be overlookedRating: 4Average: 4 (1 vote) If you're after a compact, dainty laptop, then Dell's Inspiron 17R definitely isn't it. Inste...
80%
alphr.com
Updated:
If you're after a compact, dainty laptop, then Dell's Inspiron 17R definitely isn't it. Instead of a focus on balance and everyman appeal, this chunky desktop replacement crams a monstrous display, a Core i3 processor and Nvidia graphics into a 38mm thick...
Bottom line Bulky and short on battery life, but the big screen, top-quality speakers and gaming power make this a laptop not to be overlooked...
83%
evogadget.com
Updated:
The $879.99 Dell Inspiron 17R (17RN-3530DBK) is not a laptop that will make it big from now on. But the job it does is still a good one nonetheless. And our analysis will show you that...
Bottom line The Dell 17RN-3530DBK may not be the best laptop in its category. However, it does provide many nice surprises...
0%
expertreviews.co.uk
Updated:
If you're a movie buff, you want the biggest, brightest and most colourful screen available for your money, and in this test that’s the Dell Inspiron 17R, the only laptop with a 17in screen. On top of that, it has an SRS-boosted sound system with a sub...
Bottom line It may have a dedicated graphics card, a pair of USB3 ports and a decent set of speakers, but it's the Inspiron 17R's 17in 1,600x900 screen that makes it great value for money...
100%
pcadvisor.co.uk
Updated:
The Dell Inspiron 17R is also highly configurable and supports many of the latest technologies such as USB 3.0 and Intel's Wireless Display (WiDi). And as you might guess from the 17R designation, a large (17.3-inch), 1600-by-900-pixel display is part...
Bottom line The Dell Inspiron 17R is a nice piece of work. It's very affordable and looks good anywhere you take it. The 17R stands high on our list of desktop replacements...
60%
trustedreviews.com
Updated:
Between 15 and 16 inches might be the most common laptop size, but if you're looking for a desktop replacement you probably want a bigger screen. This is where the 17.3in Dell Inspiron 17R comes in. Available in a wide range of configurations, with proces...
Good Rocksolid build, Bestinclass keyboard, Decent overall performance...
Bad High maintenance glossy finish to casing, Poor viewing angles, some visible dithering...
80%
expertreviews.co.uk
Updated:
The Dell Inspiron 17R is, as its name suggests, has a large 17.3in screen. The big screen not only makes this laptop quite large, but it's also fairly heavy at 3.1kg. It's eye-catching thanks to its glossy lid and shiny metal-effect wrist rest. The glo...
Bottom line The Inspiron 17R is a good desktop replacement laptop, but unless you're into games it's a little overpriced compared to the competition...
60%
techradar.com
Updated:
Dell's Inspiron range has long been one of the better consumer lines we've seen, offering a string of high-quality machines at low prices. The Inspiron 17R is its latest big-screen media centre and, despite its poor battery life, is an impressive lapto...
Good Great power, Decent graphics performance, Build quality, Screen...
Bad Poor battery life...
70%
T3.com
Updated:
Mobility be dammed. Weighing over 3Kg, the Dell Inspiron 17R is a back breaker. Double that with the low battery life and it’s clear this laptop is not for seekers of portability. Fortunately for Dell - and us - its desktop replacement credentials...
Good Multimedia credentials, Mid-range gaming possible, Top-notch performance, Beautifully designed, Excellent audio...
Bad Over-glossy screen, Keyboard too small, Poor battery life...
Bottom line Powerful and stylish, this budget desktop replacement hits a lot of right notes - as long as you stick to plug sockets...
60%
notebookcheck.net
Updated:
2014-06-29 02:15:30
The Inspiron 17R is primarily intended for price-conscious multimedia fans . The combination of a frugal dual-core CPU and a powerful graphics card covers a wide range of applications and promises good battery runtimes as well as a moderate energy consump...
Good Matte and highcontrast Full HD display, Not susceptible to dirt, Moderate energy consumption, Aluminum surfaces, Good input devices, Long battery runtimes, Nice design, Fair price...
Bad High temperatures and system noise during 3D applications, No Turbo Boost with simultaneous GPU load, CPU & GPU throttling under maximum load, Pretty meager port variety, Poor maintainability, Only one hard drive bay, Pretty high weight, No Gigabit Ethern...
Bottom line Multimedia gaming hybrid The choice of a processor with a TDP of 15 Watts is a blessing and a curse at the same time . On the one hand you get good results for the energy consumption and battery runtime, on the other hand it is very disappointing that th...
81%
notebookcheck.net
Updated:
At first, there were simple 13-inch ultrabooks with integrated graphics. Customers wanted big-screen gaming so the ultrabooks with 14 and 15-inch displays and dedicated graphics appeared. Even a real gaming machine was pressed into thin aluminum ( Asus Ze...
Good Good allround performance, Cover color can be chosen, Moderate emissions, Good keyboard feedback, Good battery runtimes...
Bad Glossy screen with bad measurement results, Suboptimal port layout...
Bottom line The 17-inch mainstream notebook, the Dell Inspiron 17R-5721 is targeting price sensitive customers who want a fully equipped notebook with gaming capabilities. The Intel Core i5-3317U (1.7 GHz) feels to be too little power at first. Based on the measurem...
81%
techworld.com
Updated:
The Dell Inspiron 17R is a budget desktop replacement laptop, which sounds like it might be an oxymoron. After all, how can a laptop that's meant to replace a desktop be, well, a cheap laptop (listed at £559, to be exact)?Our review model sports an In...
Bottom line Calling the Dell Inspiron 17R a desktop replacement is a little unfair, since it's not really in the league of the performance desktops that dominate the category. The Inspiron 17R is a solid machine if you're looking for a large screen on a budget, b...
0%
pcworld.com_techhive.com
Updated:
The Dell Inspiron 17R-1316MRB is a budget desktop replacement, which sounds like it might be an oxymoron. After all, how can a laptop that's meant to replace a desktop be, well, cheap (listed at $650, to be exact)?The answer is simple: It can be inexpensi...
Good Lightweight for a desktop replacment, Good price for a large screen...
Bad No discrete graphics card, Performance is less than impressive...
Bottom line Underneath the skin of a hulking desktop replacement lies the heart of a ho-hum budget PC...
60%
pcmag.com
Updated:
The Dell Inspiron 17R (model 5720) is a desktop replacement laptop that delivers impressive performance at a budget-friendly ($699 list) price point. It offers the very latest Intel (Ivy Bridge) technology, a bright (albeit reflective) 17-inch screen, and...
Good Solid productivity performance Reasonably priced. Uses the latest Core i5 technology. Robust audio output.
Bad Short battery life. Reflective screen. Integrated graphics...
Bottom line The new Dell Inspiron 17R (model 5720) desktop replacement laptop offers solid Core-i5 performance at a very reasonable price. You don't get much in the way of battery life and the integrated graphics solution is nothing to rave about, but it is a good d...
70%
pcmag.com
Updated:
With the Dell Inspiron 17R (I17RN-3530DBK) ($879.99 list at Best Buy) you get solid Core i7 processing power and a nice selection of wireless features in an attractive desktop replacement. In addition to a large 750GB hard drive the 17R offers several...
Good Robust wireless feature set includes WiDi 2,0, WiMAX 4G, and Bluetooth, Large hard drive, Core i7 processing power...
Bad Low-res display, No Blu-ray drive, Integrated graphics...
Bottom line The Dell Inspiron 17R (I17RN-3530DBK) is a capable desktop replacement laptop powered by an Intel Core i7 CPU. It offers a nice wireless feature set, but its big display doesn't do 1080p, and it lacks a Blu-ray drive...
70%
pcmag.com
Updated:
The Dell Inspiron i17R-6434DBK ($749.99 list at Best Buy) may sit on the shelf alongside other 17-inch laptops, but it's a slightly different breed built for general use rather than specifically geared toward high performance gaming or media. Its big s...
Good Rich feature set includes USB 3,0, WiMAX, WiDi 2,0, and Bluetooth, Spacious, speedy 750GB hard drive, Intel Core i5-2410M processor provides power for productivity and entertainment...
Bad No 1080p, No Blu-ray, Integrated graphics limit gaming capability, Short battery-life...
Bottom line The Dell Inspiron i17R-6434DBK combines a rich feature set with a strong Core i5 processor providing plenty of productivity and entertainment options. There may be a few faults, but they are made up for by its low price...
70%
techreviewsource.com
Updated:
The Dell Inspiron 17R is a large 17-inch desktop replacement laptop that has a sturdy design that as some updated internals and ports, including USB 3.0 and Intel's Wireless Display interface. However it has only average graphics performance and do...
Good Stylish design, Above average port selection, Solid performance for most, Good battery life...
Bad Softfeeling keyboard, No Bluray optical drive, Only average gaming performance...
80%
pcworld.com_techhive.com
Updated:
Dell's Inspiron 17R desktop replacement laptop is a study in clean, simple design. It's also highly configurable and supports many of the latest technologies such as USB 3.0 and Intel's Wireless Display (WiDi). And as you might guess from the 17R desig...
Good Stateoftheart components and ports, Nice minimalist design...
Bad Slightly soft feel to the keyboard...
Bottom line Subtle, elegant looks and adequate performance highlight this desktop replacement...
60%
Laptopmag.com
Updated:
Can you really get a good big-screen multimedia laptop for under a grand? Yes, and the Dell Inspiron 17R is exhibit A. This 17-inch notebook combines a vibrant 1600 x 900 screen with a second-generation Intel Core i5-2410M CPU, an Nvidia GeForce GT525M...
Bottom line For $899, the Dell Inspiron 17R offers a great display and audio with plenty of performance for multimedia mavens and even gamers. Its impressive battery life, while not necessary on a desktop replacement, is a bonus. Our only major complaint is the 17...
80%
pcmag.com
Updated:
The Dell Inspiron 17R (N7110) ($1,039.98 direct) laptop is a 17.3-inch behemoth whose screen alone will delight multitaskers. Its size limits its portability to around the house, and its internal components lend itself to content creators and light gam...
Good Huge battery, long battery life, Nice design, WiDi2, Minimal bloatware, Some 3D graphics performance, Automatic graphics switching technology, Bluetooth,USB 3,0, SWITCH lids...
Bad No 1080p HD resolution, Slow 5,400rpm hard drive...
Bottom line The Dell Inspiron 17R (N7110) gives you some 3D performance, creative control of both your virtual media and the laptop's physical appearance, and features to make this desktop replacement laptop pop...
80%
notebookcheck.net
Updated:
The Inspiron 17R otherwise shows itself conventional in other regards. One of Intel's latest dual cores does its job as the processor, either the Core i3-2310M (2.10 GHz) or the Core i5-2410M (2.3 – 2.9 GHz) depending on the model. The customer doesn't ha...
Good Fair value for money ratio, Good battery runtimes, Moderate emissions, Good workmanship, Large touchpad, Nvidia Optimus...
Bad No ExpressCard and FireWire, CPU throttling during full load, Sensitive surfaces, Fast Ethernet LAN only, Clattery keyboard, Mediocre display...
Bottom line Dell Inspiron 17R The Inspiron 17R is a typical multimedia laptop that doesn't allow itself to make many mistakes. At the same time, it doesn't really excel in any relation. Workmanship, keyboard, connectivity, performance and emissions are on about the...
80%
pcmag.com
Updated:
The Dell Inspiron 17R-1695MRB ($799.98 list at Staples) desktop replacement laptop certainly looks good, but has more to offer beneath its surface. It has integrated WiDi (Intel's Wireless Display) and HDMI, enough hard drive space to hold your HD cont...
Good Intel Wireless Display (WiDi). Big 640GB hard drive. Great navigating experience. Nice design. No bloatware.
Bad No 1080p resolution. Battery life was less than desirable.
Bottom line The Dell Inspiron 17R-1695MRB shows that chic doesn't necessary mean that it needs to be made of metal. This desktop replacement laptop also has a slew of creature comforts, all for a reasonable price. Buy it nowMore from Dell Shop for other Dell Busi...
80%
notebookreview.com
Updated:
Throughout our testing the Inspiron 17R handled heat very well without excessive noise or hot spots. The large chassis handled the Intel Core i3 370M processor with its GMA HD graphics with ease, spreading out the therm...
Good Stylish looks, Very good build quality, Comfortable keyboard and touchpad...
Bad Some options not available on all configurations...
Bottom line For shoppers interested in an affordable 17-inch desktop replacement notebook, the Dell Inspiron 17R is a very good choice. Starting at $499, the 17R offers the latest Intel Core processors, Intel GMA HD integrated graphics, optional ATI HD4570 dedicated graphics, and optional Intel Wi-Di for viewing HD movies wirelessly. The new design looks great, with equally impressive build quality inside an...
80%
pcmag.com
Updated:
Covering every base is the key to building a good desktop replacement laptop. The Dell Inspiron 17R-2950MRB ($949.99 list, at Best Buy) went the distance with its feature set, adding the latest wireless technologies from Intel (WiMax and Wireless Displ...
Good Great processing speeds. 6GB of RAM. Cavernous 640GB hard drive. WiMax-ready. Intel Wireless Display included.
Bad Lacks graphics power. Bigger battery needed.
Bottom line The Dell 17R-2950MRB laptop provides plenty of processing power and storage for avid videographers and photographers, but gamers should look somewhere else...
80%
pcmag.com
Updated:
Finding an appropriate laptop to replace your aging desktop is no easy task, as there are countless ones to choose from. The Dell Inspiron 17R-2248MRB ($849.99 list at Staples), for instance, doesn't tempt you with a Blu-ray drive or boast about its ga...
Good Fast Core i5 processor. Great raw horsepower. Nice 17-inch widescreen. Excellent typing experience. Flawless constructed mouse buttons.
Bad Doesn't have Blu-ray or dedicated graphics. A bit pricey compared with its peers.
Bottom line The Dell Inspiron 17R-2248MRB has good horsepower and an excellent user experience, but it doesn't pamper you with features...
70%
pcmag.com
Updated:
As far as features go, the Dell Inspiron 17R-2211OBK ($799.98 list) is decidedly average for a 17.3-inch laptops. But dig just below the surface and you'll find above-average performance for this desktop replacement. Currently available at Staples...
Good Great performance for its class. HDMI-out and eSATA ports. Barely any pre-installed bloatware.
Bad Lid collects fingerprint smudges. No ExpressCard slot or FireWire port.
Bottom line Offering average features for a 17.3-inch laptop, the Dell Inspiron 17R-2211OBK excels in performance...
80%
notebookcheck.net
Updated:
Sections that are strongly dependent on the used hardware, such as performance, emissions and battery life, aren't necessarily true for differently equipped models...
Good Display brightness, Workmanship & stability, Sound system with subwoofer, Value for money ratio...
Bad Fan control, Poor black value/contrast...
Bottom line The Inspiron 17R in the configuration at hand, with an Intel Core i5 CPU and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 graphic card, has more than sufficient reserves for daily use. Only losses in terms of resolution and detail levels have to be accepted in games for...
77%
computershopper.com
Updated:
Don your wetsuit: Once again, Dell is making a big splash with a new line of consumer notebooks. This time around, the newcomer is the Inspiron R Series, and the theme is a popular one: cramming in high-end features while keeping the price lo...
Good Moderate price for a 17-inch laptop; eye-catching design; decent battery life for size...
Bad Weak 3D performance, despite discrete graphics chip; no Blu-ray drive; tinny speakers...
Bottom line This big, stylish $850 laptop has discrete graphics for a little extra video oomph. It's a great deal if you want a 17-inch LCD, but less so if you're a gamer...
80%