Date:
27-08-2007
Sender:
Bryan
Subject:
Re: Re: Re: Re: ICEcat OsC connector 1.1
Document:
>
> We are discussing with ICEcat, they will provide zipped versions of files, then it will be easier.
>
> Indeed the location used is what ICEcat is publishing - maybe will be better is you just correct your setup not to download but just to pickup the file from a local location.
>
> What exactly do you mean with "duplcicates and literally the same models"?
>
> Regards,
> Sergey
>
>
> >
> > OK.. I've been able to download the icecat files via http file download in browser .. not easy 40 mb+ file
> >
> > I manually loaded the data into a local mysql table and tried to follow the script in setting the products_model and manufacturer_name keys. It doesn't work. First their are literally hundreds of duplicate model numbers in the base table. Looks like the script just isn't up to date with the current icecat base files???

thanks for the reply...

forget my mention about the duplicate model numbers. I didn't realize that their are many model numbers that are the same but have difference manufacturer's. Seems weird but I worked around it by setting the model number to a index key instead of a primary key in the database.

I got through all of the steps of the setup via manual process and everything seems to in working order. EXCEPT, my catalog model numbers just don't match up to the icecat database except for a very small subset (12). I use all US model numbers as provided by the manufacturer. I've verified that the model numbers I have are accurate for US products. For example look at the ACER laptop category, I can't find one match to my catalog even though when I manually search the ICECAT database I find a similar product but with a very different manufacturer model number.

What is the ICECAT model number scheme based upon? If it is the manufacturer provided model number, isn't their a difference from US and non-US based model numbers?

Please, login to reply