Altos G710 Xeon 3.2GHZ/800/2MB, 2*512MB DDR II 400, 16x DVD, NO HDD, no HDD cage, EURO & UK, ENGLISH, NO KB
- Up to 1.17TB of internal storage and 16GB of system memory
- Best in class investment protection
- Best in class scalability and performance
- Comprehensive systems management and installation solutions
In distributed computing environments, servers are spread across many locations, high availability is key and limited resources challenge IT management. Such environments require the highest availability and a system which can scale to cater for tomorrow's local processing requirements. The Acer Altos G710 is designed as a highly available and high expandable solution for remote sites and branch offices.
Exceptional investment protection
The Acer Altos G710 is based on the latest Intel® Xeon Server processor technology, Intel® EM64T.This means your system is already compatible with forthcoming native 64-bit operating systems and applications. System performance can be scaled in line with your business growth, by the addition of a second processor. Redundant power supplies and redundant hot-swap hard disk drives provide affordable performance and data protection.The Acer Altos G710 is fully convertible from a tower to a rack mountable form factor. Internal storage can be upgraded to eight hot-swappable hard disk drives and system memory can be scaled to an enormous 16GB of high performance DDR2 memory. These scalability and upgradability features mean that you can rest assured that the Acer Altos G710 will cater for tomorrow’s data processing requirements.
Highest availability, upgradability and scalability
The G710 offers hybrid server features, which allow you to focus on IS policy implementation with the confidence that your server infrastructure is well founded.
- Memory mirroring and sparing for data security and integrity
- Single Device Data Correction (SDDC) chip-fail
- Native RAID 0 and 1 - Optional SCSI RAID 5 with ROMB and 8 Hot-Swap - Hard Disk Drive support
- Redundant hot plug system power supplies
- Hot-swap cooling fans
- Six PCI slots (Including two PCI Express™ and three 64 bit PCI-X slots) to increase I/O bandwidth for improved performance and productivity
- Integrated Dual Gigabit Ethernet with load balancing and fault tolerance supported
Easy to install and manage
Acer Easybuild simplifies the installation and set-up, by providing an intuitive GUI based process and by providing all relevant tools to set up your Acer Altos G710. Advanced Server Manager software makes comprehensive systems management easy and compliments the high system availability features outlined above. ASM provides performance management, remote management and critical event management services to network administrators. The G710 also supports a brand new manageability interface,Acer Altos E-Panel. The Panel provides a simple interface on the front of the system, which allows the administrator to monitor key system status events efficiently. These components help you control IT expenses by making the G710 simple and efficient to manage.
Typical solutions scenarios
- Remote site or branch office application services
- Dedicated application server
- E-Commerce storefronts
- Video Streaming
- Mail and messaging services
- High performance – low cost database engine
- Large infrastructure
Acer Altos G710, Altos. Processor frequency: 3.2 GHz, Processor family: Intel® Xeon®, Processor cache type: L2. Internal memory: 1 GB, Internal memory type: DDR2-SDRAM, Maximum internal memory: 16 GB. Networking features: Ethernet/Fast Ethernet/Gigabit Ethernet. Chassis type: Tower, Optical drive type: DVD-ROM. Compatible operating systems: -MS Windows 2000 Server -MS Windows 2003 Server -Novell Netware 6.5 -Red Hat Linux 3.0 Enterprise Ed