x3690 X5, Intel Xeon E7-2850 (24M Cache, 2.00 GHz, 6.40 GT/s Intel QPI), 2 x 4GB DDR3-1333MHz ECC, 16 x 2.5" HS SAS/SATA HDD, RAID M1015, Matrox G200eV 16MB DDR2, Gigabit Ethernet, 2 x RJ-45, 6 x USB 2.0, 2 x 675W, Rack/2U
- Achieve four-processor performance at a two-processor investment.
- Grow to meet changing workload demands with unmatched memory expansion.
- Own and operate your systems with less complexity and cost.
- Get peace of mind with enterprise-class reliability and availability.
EXA performance, two-processor value
When it comes to business productivity, more is always better—especially if you can achieve it without using more money, space or energy. Innovative and cost-efficient, the IBM System x3690 X5 delivers four-processor performance, memory capacity and reliability features in a breakthrough two-processor system that incorporates Intel® Xeon® processors and fifth-generation IBM X-Architecture® (eX5) technology. By purchasing a system with two fewer processors, you can cut your licensing costs in half while using less energy for a lower total cost of ownership. And you won’t have to trade performance for a denser form factor. The x3690 X5 offers leadership performance, including the ability to better handle database transactions than industry-standard two-processor servers.
The x3690 X5 features greater flexibility to help you meet changing workload demands as your business grows. With MAX5, you can double the memory capacity of your two-processor system to 64 DIMM slots. Increase utilization and optimize your investments by fitting 100 percent more virtual machines per system at half the cost per virtual machine with MAX5 memory expansion. An easy upgrade path and customizable growth options offer freedom of choice. For example, you can add more memory without having to purchase unneeded processing capabilities.
- Performance and memory capacity of previous 4-processor, 4U servers in a 2-processor, 2U system.
- Built on the latest IBM X-Architecture technology with fifth-generation eX5 chipset design enhancements.
- Easy upgrade path and customizable growth options for unmatched flexibility.
- Advanced service and remote management capabilities for greater ease of use and improved productivity.
- Balanced, power-optimized design for enhanced performance per watt.
- 2-processor, 2U rack-optimized enterprise server with Intel Xeon processors.
- 6-core, 8-core and 10-core processor options with up to 2.4 GHz (ten-core), 2.67 GHz (eight-core) and 1.73 GHz (six-core) speeds with up to 30 MB L3 cache.
- Expand memory in a 2-processor system from 32 DIMMs to 64 DIMMs via MAX5.
- 5 PCIe Gen 2 expansion slots.
- Up to 16 2.5" HDDs or 24 1.8" SSDs.
- Internal USB for embedded hypervisor.
IBM System x x3690 X5. Processor family: Intel® Xeon® E7 Family, Processor frequency: 2 GHz, Processor model: E7-2850. Internal memory: 8 GB, Internal memory type: DDR3-SDRAM, Memory layout (slots x size): 2 x 4 GB. Hard drive size: 2.5", Hard drive interface: Serial ATA, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS). Ethernet LAN, Cabling technology: 10/100/1000Base-T(X). Power supply: 675 W. Chassis type: Rack (2U)