PowerEdge R510, Intel Xeon E5507 (4MB, 2.26 GHz, 4.80 GT/s), 3x 1GB RDIMMs (1333 MHz), 2x 146GB SAS 2.5" HDDs, H700 Raid
The R510 can serve the needs of small and medium businesses or corporate environments by providing an excellent platform for core business applications such as Microsoft® SQL Server® and Microsoft® Exchange.
The R510 includes a number of features designed to meet the needs of many IT environments:
- Advanced systems management capabilities
- Short and dense 24" (61 cm) chassis
- High availability and redundancy features
- Cost-effective RAID option
- Large amounts of internal storage capacity
Dell aims to add value to your business by including the features you need for your unique IT environment. Our goal is to deliver value through tailored solutions based on industry standards, as well as purposeful, innovative design.
The PowerEdge R510 follows the 11th Generation PowerEdge portfolio behavioral specifications and features the same system design commonality and reliability true to the entire portfolio. All 11th Generation servers are built with user ease in mind.
- We put all external ports, power supplies and LED lights in the same location for familiar user experience, as well as, easy installation and deployment.
- In addition, the R510 is also available with different chassis options. Customers can choose from 4, 8 or 12 hard drive chassis. These different configurations allow you to choose the design and feature set that is most appropriate for your needs.
- Robust-metal hard-drive carriers and organized cabling are designed to improve component access and airflow across the server.
- The 4 hard drive chassis is more affordable, featuring LED diagnostic lights, a cabled power supply and cabled hard drives. The larger capacity 12 hard drive chassis offers hot-swappable hard drives and redundant power. The 8 hard drive chassis offers an interactive LCD display that aids in set-up, location and diagnosis of the server.
- Purposeful design of PowerEdge R510's also provides quiet acoustics and an interactive LCD screen or LED light display (depending on chassis selected) positioned on the front of the server for ease of monitoring.
- These different configurations allow you to choose the design and feature set that is most appropriate for your IT environment.
Energy Optimised Technology
Included in the R510 are low-flow fans, designed to spin faster in accordance with server workload demands and help reduce unnecessary noise when possible.
The logical layout of internal components aid air flow direction, helping to keep the server cool.
The R510 also can be configured to include features such as power capping, power inventory and power budgeting to aid in the management of power within your environment.
Simplified Systems Management
The Lifecycle Controller is the engine for advanced embedded management that is delivered as part of the optional iDRAC Express or iDRAC Enterprise in the PowerEdge R510. The Lifecycle Controller helps to deliver faster server deployment and update capabilities from a bare-metal pre-operating system(OS) environment.
- The Lifecycle Controller is a chip that is integrated on the server. It helps to simplify administrator tasks by performing a complete set of provisioning functions such as system deployment, system updates, hardware configuration and diagnostics from a single intuitive interface called Unified Server Configurator (USC) in a pre-OS environment. This eliminates the need to use and maintain multiple pieces of disparate CD/DVD media.
- Also part of Dell's systems management portfolio is the Dell Management Console, part of Open ManageTM , which is included with every Dell server and provides IT managers with a single console view of their entire IT infrastructure.
DELL PowerEdge R510. Processor family: Intel® Xeon® 5000 Sequence, Processor frequency: 2.26 GHz, Processor model: E5507. Internal memory: 3 GB, Internal memory type: DDR3-SDRAM, Memory layout (slots x size): 3 x 1 GB. Total storage capacity: 292 GB, Hard drive size: 2.5". Ethernet LAN. Power supply: 750 W, Redundant power supply (RPS) support. Chassis type: Rack (2U)